-   -   Excel will not open good files (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/206784-excel-will-not-open-good-files.html)

Dave Chalk

Excel will not open good files

I reloaded Office 2003 after installing a new HDD. Now, Excel will not open
any excel file previously viewable.

Also have a 60 day free trial of Office 2007 loaded and cannot get Excel
2007 to open files either.

Any suggestions?

Gord Dibben

Excel will not open good files

What happens instead of the files opening?

Nothing? Error message? Neighbor's garage door opens?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:18:04 -0500, "Dave Chalk" wrote:

I reloaded Office 2003 after installing a new HDD. Now, Excel will not open
any excel file previously viewable.

Also have a 60 day free trial of Office 2007 loaded and cannot get Excel
2007 to open files either.

Any suggestions?

rafseg

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

What happens instead of the files opening?

Nothing? Error message? Neighbor's garage door opens?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:18:04 -0500, "Dave Chalk" wrote:

I reloaded Office 2003 after installing a new HDD. Now, Excel will not open
any excel file previously viewable.

Also have a 60 day free trial of Office 2007 loaded and cannot get Excel
2007 to open files either.

Any suggestions?

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Try to open an excel file from my documents, get a message to download

Rights Management Add-on for Internet Explorer. I did this and installed it.
I'm still getting the same message. Is there something I'm missing? XP SP3,
Office 2007.

Denis

Excel will not open good files

Two weeks ago got & installed Office Home & Student 2007 but Excel and One
Note are nowhere to be found under programs. Did I get a bad install disk?

Denis