-   -   Online help for Excel VB Reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/206590-online-help-excel-vbulletin-reference.html)

taxidimu

Online help for Excel VB Reference

MS Excel 2003 installed, with Help feature.
If I open Excel Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor ?(help)
Online Help for VB VB Reference
and, for example
Functions

and select a function (say "Mid") no detail is displayed for this item

Same happens for all topics under VB Reference

What is missing?
Thanks

JP[_4_]

Online help for Excel VB Reference

If you type "Mid" in the code window and press F1, does the same thing
happen?

--JP

On Oct 16, 8:31*am, taxidimu wrote:
MS Excel 2003 installed, with Help feature.
If I open Excel Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor ?(help)
Online Help for VB VB Reference
and, for example Functions

and select a function (say "Mid") no detail is displayed for this item

Same happens for all topics under VB Reference

What is missing?
Thanks

taxidimu

Online help for Excel VB Reference

I type "mid" and press F1:
the online help opens and displays the MID function.
In the window code a suggestion is also displayed after "mid("
Thank you.

On 16 Ott, 14:47, JP wrote:
If you type "Mid" in the code window and press F1, does the same thing
happen?

--JP
On Oct 16, 8:31*am, taxidimu wrote:

MS Excel 2003 installed, with Help feature.
If I open Excel Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor ?(help)
Online Help for VB VB Reference
and, for example Functions

and select a function (say "Mid") no detail is displayed for this item

Same happens for all topics under VB Reference

What is missing?
Thanks

JP[_4_]

Online help for Excel VB Reference

That's what you wanted, correct?

--JP

On 16 Ott, 14:47, JP wrote:

If you type "Mid" in the code window and press F1, does the same thing
happen?

--JP
On Oct 16, 8:31*am, taxidimu wrote:

MS Excel 2003 installed, with Help feature.
If I open Excel Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor ?(help)
Online Help for VB VB Reference
and, for example Functions

and select a function (say "Mid") no detail is displayed for this item

Same happens for all topics under VB Reference

What is missing?
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

taxidimu

Online help for Excel VB Reference

I expect to have the same details if I click on the "? Function Mid"
line in the Summary of VB Help

On 16 Ott, 14:47, JP wrote:

If you type "Mid" in the code window and press F1, does the same thing
happen?

--JP
On Oct 16, 8:31*am, taxidimu wrote:

MS Excel 2003 installed, with Help feature.
If I open Excel Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor ?(help)
Online Help for VB VB Reference
and, for example Functions

and select a function (say "Mid") no detail is displayed for this item

Same happens for all topics under VB Reference

What is missing?
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

JP[_4_]

Online help for Excel VB Reference

When I go to Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor, there is no help
menu the way you describe it. In my copy of XL 2003, there are three

Microsoft Visual Basic Help F1
MSDN on the Web
About Microsoft Visual Basic

The VBA help is actually a separate help file, you might need to
install it.

I'm still confused about your goal. Do you want help with VBA
functions, or do you want to browse them a certain way?

--JP