-   -   How do I set default Excel Saveas file format to xlsx not xlsx (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/202831-how-do-i-set-default-excel-saveas-file-format-xlsx-not-xlsx.html)

Greg Conway

How do I set default Excel Saveas file format to xlsx not xlsx

The first time I select 'Save As' in Excel I always need to change the file
type from .xltm to .xlsx otherwise it saves as a template file. It is
annoying because if I forget I don't know about it until after I try to find
the file later. How do I change the default save-as file type to a standard
Excel file.

Ron de Bruin

How do I set default Excel Saveas file format to xlsx not xlsx

Hi Greg

Office ButtonExcel options
On the Save tab you can change it

--