-   -   Excel files won't open from Explorer. (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/193501-excel-files-wont-open-explorer.html)

coolactuary

Excel files won't open from Explorer.

I've using Excel 2007 under Vista home premium.

When I double click on an Excel file to open it I get the message "Excel
cannot find ...(insert path and file name)... Make sure you typed the name
correctly, and then try again"

This seems to be a known issue.

I have read the thread "explorer doesn't activate excel files only starts
excel programme in..." and also the Microsoft material
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211494/en-us

So, I've tried *not*ignoring other applications that use DDE (through
unchecking this under Excel options, advanced). It doesn't help ,me.

I can confirm that this problem seemed only to arise after I'd imported text
files into Excel. It's taken far too long already to get .... nowhere, so any
help is muych appreciated.

Regards
Andrew