Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mia Mia is offline

Default Date-error Format

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mia Mia is offline

I'm using at swedish version of Excel and I´m writing the Swedish characters
ååååmmdd, it´s the same for yyyymmdd.

Dateformat 20080715 gets
=TEXT(H12;"yyyy") answer 2008
=TEXT(H12;"dd") answer 15
=TEXT(H12;"mm") answer 00

//
Mia

Mia wrote:

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mia Mia is offline

I can see that you get a lot of strange characters. I´m usin the right ones but
it get this reslut that I cant solve.

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÀšÃ‚´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÀšÃ‚´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know whatÀšÃ‚´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In the Netherlands we use

jjjj

j = jaar

Use what this macro tell you instead of y

Sub test()
MsgBox Application.International(xlYearCode)

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

You sure that Swedes don't use jjjj for the year.

Your post still has lots of funny characters for me.

Mia wrote:

I'm using at swedish version of Excel and IÃ,´m writing the Swedish characters
ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥mmdd, itÃ,´s the same for yyyymmdd.

Dateformat 20080715 gets
=TEXT(H12;"yyyy") answer 2008
=TEXT(H12;"dd") answer 15
=TEXT(H12;"mm") answer 00

//
Mia

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÃf?sÃ,´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÃf?sÃ,´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥mmdd"), do anyone know whatÃf?sÃ,´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mia Mia is offline

Thank yoy both!

I changed to capital letters and then it work!

BR
Mia

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÃfâ?sÃ,´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÃfâ?sÃ,´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,à ‚Â¥mmdd"), do anyone know whatÃfâ?sÃ,´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--