-   -   Date-error Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/193128-date-error-format.html)

Mia

Date-error Format

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

Dave Peterson

Date-error Format

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

--

Dave Peterson

Mia

Date-error Format

I'm using at swedish version of Excel and I´m writing the Swedish characters
ååååmmdd, it´s the same for yyyymmdd.

Dateformat 20080715 gets
=TEXT(H12;"yyyy") answer 2008
=TEXT(H12;"dd") answer 15
=TEXT(H12;"mm") answer 00

//
Mia

Mia wrote:

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Date-error Format

You sure that Swedes don't use jjjj for the year.

Your post still has lots of funny characters for me.

Mia wrote:

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Mia

Date-error Format

I can see that you get a lot of strange characters. I´m usin the right ones but
it get this reslut that I cant solve.

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÀšÃ‚´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÀšÃ‚´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know whatÀšÃ‚´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Date-error Format

I don't speak Swedish, but shouldn't your formula look more like:

=tekst(h12;"jjjj")

Mia wrote:

IÀšÃ‚´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÀšÃ‚´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know whatÀšÃ‚´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Ron de Bruin

Date-error Format

In the Netherlands we use

jjjj

j = jaar

Use what this macro tell you instead of y

Sub test()
MsgBox Application.International(xlYearCode)

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

You sure that Swedes don't use jjjj for the year.

Your post still has lots of funny characters for me.

Mia wrote:

I'm using at swedish version of Excel and IÃ,´m writing the Swedish characters
ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥ÃfÂ¥mmdd, itÃ,´s the same for yyyymmdd.

Dateformat 20080715 gets
=TEXT(H12;"yyyy") answer 2008
=TEXT(H12;"dd") answer 15
=TEXT(H12;"mm") answer 00

//
Mia

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÃf?sÃ,´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÃf?sÃ,´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥mmdd"), do anyone know whatÃf?sÃ,´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Mia

Date-error Format

Thank yoy both!

I changed to capital letters and then it work!

BR
Mia

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

IÃfâ?sÃ,´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula IÃfâ?sÃ,´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,Â¥ÃfÆ'Ã,à ‚Â¥mmdd"), do anyone know whatÃfâ?sÃ,´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--