-   -   Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/192948-removing-sum-pivot-tables.html)

Russ

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove €śSum Of€ť from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I cant seem to find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but thats no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

MartinW[_2_]

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Hi Russ,

I don't know which command you mean but maybe one
of these sites might help you out.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

HTH
Martin

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove "Sum Of"
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I can't seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but that's no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

postbox49

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

I can't help but I'd love to know how to access this in Excel 2003!
Its not an option I am aware of.

Mike

On Jun 27, 8:03*pm, Russ wrote:
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove “Sum Of” from
the pivot table values. *I like that feature. *However, I can’t seem to find
the same thing in 2007. *I can manually change them, but that’s no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values. *

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Roger Govier[_3_]

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Hi Russ

I am totally unaware of any in built function in XL2003 that would do this,
and there is no such function in XL2007.
However, the following code will achieve what you want.

Sub ChangePTName()
Dim pt As PivotTable, pf As PivotField, ws As Worksheet, i As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set ws = ActiveSheet
For i = 1 To ws.PivotTables.Count
Set pt = ws.PivotTables(i)
pt.ManualUpdate = True
For Each pf In pt.DataFields
If pf.Function = xlSum Then
If Left(pf.Caption, 6) = "Sum of" Then
pf.Caption = Right(pf.Caption, Len(pf.Caption) - 6)
Next
pt.ManualUpdate = False
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Copy the Code above
Alt+F11 to invoke the VB Editor
InsertModule
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

To use
Select sheet containing the PT's
Alt+F8 to bring up Macros
Highlight ChangePTName
Run

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove €śSum Of€ť
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I cant seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but thats no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Russ

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Thanks. I will give this a try.

To all, the Pivot table autoformat functionality in Excel 2003 would do what
I'm discussing. For example, the autoformat would display "Expenses" versus
"Sum of Expenses". There was 20 autoformats available in addition to Classic
and None.

This is what I'm looking for. My users don't need to see "Sum of". That's
obvious to them. These can be manually removed, but there should be a global
functionality that was in Excel 2003.

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove €śSum Of€ť
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I cant seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but thats no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Russ

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Thanks for the references. I'll check them out.

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove "Sum Of"
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I can't seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but that's no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Russ

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Hi Martin,

The Pivot table autoformat functionality in Excel 2003 would do what I'm
discussing. For example, the autoformat would display "Expenses" versus "Sum
of Expenses". There was 20 autoformats available in addition to Classic and
None.

Try one of these and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Russ

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove "Sum Of"
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I can't seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but that's no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Roger Govier[_3_]

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Hi Russ

Since I seldom, if ever, use Autoformat, I was totally unaware that it would
remove the "Sum of".
Thanks for pointing that out.
The macro I posted should achieve what you want

You will note that the macro leaves a space in front of the field name.
That is quite deliberate, as you cannot have a PT field name the same as a
Source data field name in the Data area - the reason why Sum of and Count of
etc. are added in the first instance.
You can easily amend the code to deal with Count of etc., should you have
the need.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Russ" wrote in message
In 2003, we had a formatting option that would globally remove €śSum Of€ť
from
the pivot table values. I like that feature. However, I cant seem to
find
the same thing in 2007. I can manually change them, but thats no fun,
especially if I have a bunch of values.

Does anyone have solution to this question?

Thanks

Russ

Removing "Sum of" from pivot tables

Thanks. I'll give this a whirl.