-   -   How do I change the automatic colors in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/192631-how-do-i-change-automatic-colors-excel.html)

Lynnette

How do I change the automatic colors in Excel

One of our workstations automatic colors is set to blue instead of black. I
have tried all I can find; if anyone knows of a way to change the default in
Excel 2003 please let me know.

Yvonne

How do I change the automatic colors in Excel

are you talking about the color palette? I am also trying to find a way to
change the default to accept the colors I have modified in the color palette.

"Lynnette" wrote:

One of our workstations automatic colors is set to blue instead of black. I
have tried all I can find; if anyone knows of a way to change the default in
Excel 2003 please let me know.

Gord Dibben

How do I change the automatic colors in Excel

Changes to the color palette through ToolsOptionsColorModify are saved with
the workbook only.

You could save a new workbook as a BOOK.xlt template and this would be the
default color palette for all NEW workbooks.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP