-   -   Localisation problem with pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/189143-localisation-problem-pivot-tables.html)

Daniel Hilgarth

Localisation problem with pivot tables

Hello,

I have a really annoying problem:
When adding a pivot table via PivotTables.Add I have to specify the
destination in the row/column notation, e.g. R3C1.
This works on english installations but not on german ones. There I have to
use Z3S1!!
I am using C# to automate Excel.
Before calling any Excel method I set the thread locale to en-US as
described he http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320369/en-us
But still, the problem occurs on german installations.
This is a major issue for me and urgent, too.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Dave Peterson

Localisation problem with pivot tables

Why not use the address? That parm is pretty forgiving. If I remember
correctly, it'll take a range variable, or an address (A1 reference style) or an
address (r1c1 reference style).

--

Dave Peterson

Daniel Hilgarth

Localisation problem with pivot tables

That worked! Thanks A LOT for that hint!