-   -   How do I create checkboxes in Excel 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/188344-how-do-i-create-checkboxes-excel-2007-a.html)

CNF

How do I create checkboxes in Excel 2007?

Hi,

I'd like to add some checkboxes to a particular column in a spreadsheet I'm
creating but I can't find any easily apparent way to do this on Excel 2007.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks ;0)
--
CNF

Nick Hodge[_2_]

How do I create checkboxes in Excel 2007?

CNF

You need to activate the developer tab (Office buttonExcel
options...Popular tabShow developer tab on ribbon

The form controls are on this tab

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"CNF" wrote in message

I'd like to add some checkboxes to a particular column in a spreadsheet
I'm
creating but I can't find any easily apparent way to do this on Excel
2007.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks ;0)
--
CNF

Tim Paine

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNF (Post 669375)
Hi,

I'd like to add some checkboxes to a particular column in a spreadsheet I'm
creating but I can't find any easily apparent way to do this on Excel 2007.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks ;0)
--
CNF

You can insert form controls such as check boxes or option buttons to make data entry easier. Check boxes work well for forms with multiple options. Option buttons are better when your user has just one choice.

Sample check boxes Sample radio button controls

To add either a check box or an option button, you’ll need the Developer tab on your Ribbon.

Notes: To enable the Developer tab, follow these instructions:

In Excel 2010 and subsequent versions, click File Options Customize Ribbon , select the Developer check box, and click OK.

In Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office button Office button image Excel Options Popular Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.

To add a check box, click the Developer tab, click Insert, and under Form Controls, click Button image .

the check box control on the ribbon

To add an option button, click the Developer tab, click Insert, and under Form Controls, click Button image .

the radio button control on the ribbon

Click in the cell where you want to add the check box or option button control.

Tip: You can only add one checkbox or option button at a time. To speed things up, after you add your first control, right-click it and select Copy Paste.

To edit or remove the default text for a control, click the control, and then update the text as needed.

edit text for a form control

I hope these steps will be helpful!
Tim Paine