-   -   MS Excel Autofill for directory locations (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/186343-ms-excel-autofill-directory-locations.html)

VR

MS Excel Autofill for directory locations

How do you turn on the feature to autofill directory locations in the File
Open or File Save dialog box? Windows XP would allow me to key only a few
letters and then hit tab and it would autofill the rest of the directory
location.

With Vista, I enter the first few letters and then I have to hit the down
arrow button to select the directory (versus hitting tab). This forces me to
lift my right hand from the keyboard vs hitting tab and moving to the next
subfolder. This causes a key productivity loss.

I've searched excel and windows setup options, but cannot find a setup
option for this. Help!!