-   -   default options (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/183234-default-options.html)

Robert d.

default options

I sometimes cut things out of an Explorer window and paste it into a spread
sheet. Usually that is done instantly. Sometime it takes almost 2 minutes
yet nothing gets pasted thus this question. I get a little box besides the
cell that if I click, gives me the option to choose either the source or
destination format. If I select the destination format the paste completes
correctly. So this seems to be a problem in Excel being able to know how to
deal with my data.

Now the question: How and where do I choose an option that will tell Excel
to always use the destination (Excel) format?

Thanks, Robert