-   -   The file association dialog won't allow selection of Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/182663-file-association-dialog-wont-allow-selection-excel.html)

juancarlos1688

The file association dialog won't allow selection of Excel

I double click Excel in Microsoft Office\Office 12, but Excel doesn't then
appear in the dialog window.

Gord Dibben

The file association dialog won't allow selection of Excel

Have you tried right-click on an Excel workbook file and "Open With"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 03:11:00 -0700, juancarlos1688
wrote:

I double click Excel in Microsoft Office\Office 12, but Excel doesn't then
appear in the dialog window.

boblarson

The file association dialog won't allow selection of Excel

What file extension are you trying to map?
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator