-   -   Why do my numbers keep going down decimal places? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/181443-why-do-my-numbers-keep-going-down-decimal-places.html)

Excell2002ishard

Why do my numbers keep going down decimal places?

Whenever I post any number in Excell 2002 it goes down exactly two decimal
places and rounds.
For example, I post 8 and it shows up as 0. Clicking the cell reveals that
it has changed into 0.08. Please help!

Max

Why do my numbers keep going down decimal places?

It's probably just a fixed decimal setting
Click Tools Options Edit tab
Uncheck "Fixed decimal" OK
should get things back to normal
--
Max
Singapore
"Excell2002ishard" wrote:
Whenever I post any number in Excell 2002 it goes down exactly two decimal
places and rounds.
For example, I post 8 and it shows up as 0. Clicking the cell reveals that
it has changed into 0.08. Please help!

looneylmt

Why do my numbers keep going down decimal places?

You need to format the column. Click the column, right click, format cells,
then choose numbers, set the decimal place where you need it to be.