-   -   excel opening files very slow (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/181385-excel-opening-files-very-slow.html)

ST

excel opening files very slow

This computer was opening excel files really slow for someone when he tried
to open excel document by double clicking on them it would take about a
minute for it to open up and since it takes so long to open up you are not
forsure if you double clicked on it correctly and it may not be opening up so
you double click on the excel document to open and then the pc will freeze.
But i can open the same excel document quickly and easily by first opening
excel then within excel opening the document. So we could not figure out how
to fix the problem so we gave him a new pc and it works fine. Well the
problem pc we formatted from xp cd and reinstalled office from the cd and
gave the pc to a different person and now he is having the same problem? How
do we fix it?