-   -   link a local spreadsheet to a network shared spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/180780-link-local-spreadsheet-network-shared-spreadsheet.html)

leo

link a local spreadsheet to a network shared spreadsheet

I have a local spreadsheet, Book1. Saved a copy of spreadsheet, Book2 on a
network shared directory. For any cells that are updated on local
spreadsheet, Book1, I need to have the network spreadsheet, Book2 update with
same changes. If I put formula on Book2 cell to = Book1 cell, the changes
will update if I open Book2 on local PC. If another network PC opens shared
Book2, the source is not available for the Book1 spreadsheet. What formula
can I use so that a network PC view an updated shared Book2 linked to the
local Book1 spreadsheet?

JP[_4_]

link a local spreadsheet to a network shared spreadsheet

As far as I can tell, you really can't. When someone else opens the
network spreadsheet, it can't access your local copy. Only you can,
because only your local PC can locate both files. All I can suggest is
that you move your local spreadsheet to the network.

HTH,
JP