-   -   revert from office2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/176919-revert-office2007.html)

Sonny[_2_]

revert from office2007

I installed and tried office 2007. After not liking it, I uninstalled and
reverted back to Office97.

However, now I cannot open up my file from shortcuts or explorer. It says
file not found.

I can only open from the Alt-File Menu which holds 9 recent files. Efforts
to "save as" successfully creates new files but cannot be opened from
explorer.

Please help.

Sonny

Gord Dibben

revert from office2007

You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 97.

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 97

In that case StartRun "C:\your path to\office9\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:11:27 +0800, "Sonny" wrote:

I installed and tried office 2007. After not liking it, I uninstalled and
reverted back to Office97.

However, now I cannot open up my file from shortcuts or explorer. It says
file not found.

I can only open from the Alt-File Menu which holds 9 recent files. Efforts
to "save as" successfully creates new files but cannot be opened from
explorer.

Please help.

Sonny

Sonny[_2_]

revert from office2007

Thanks Gord
Works like a charm

Sonny

[...]

Good to hear.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:14:52 +0800, "Sonny" wrote:

Thanks Gord
Works like a charm

Sonny

.. .