-   -   pulling data from two spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/173041-pulling-data-two-spreadsheets.html)

fgwiii[_2_]

pulling data from two spreadsheets

Good Morning,

I need to produce a spreadsheet on a weekly basis that is derived from two
spreadsheets.

Currently I link two spreadsheets into Access and then run a query to
produce a single spreadsheet containing the combined data. The problem is
this is not real quick and requires tweaking the formats of the two
spreadsheets.

I am trying to see if I can do this in excel via a macro and/or formulas.

Is this possible or should I stick with access?

Thanks

Fred

CLR

pulling data from two spreadsheets

You should be able to do the whole thing in Excel. Try turning on the Macro
Recorder, and doing the operations by hand, and then turning off the
recorder...........you now have a macro to do the job (hopefully, cause some
things will not record). But at least, you will have something to edit, or
to show us what you want to do and we will help tweak it for you.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3