-   -   Can references (to cells being sorted) move with the cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/172313-can-references-cells-being-sorted-move-cells.html)

Zack

Can references (to cells being sorted) move with the cells?

Right now, if I sort a range of cells, and some other cell is referring to
one of these cells being sorted, the reference doesn't move with the cell
(i.e., if cell A1 is a function of cell C3 and I sort column C, then if the
contents in C3 move to, say, C5, A1 will still be a function of cell C3 and
not C5 like I would hope). Thanks!

CLR

Can references (to cells being sorted) move with the cells?

Could be your formulas are using Absolute cell references.....ie: those with
the dollar signs, like $C$3, instead of just C3......if so, change them and
notice the difference.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3