Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default can I use product key from back of computer to instal excel?

I purchased a laptop awhile back and my temporary execl has expired. I'd like
to install excel again. Its asking for product key...can I use the product
key that is under my laptop? It doesn't seem to work. Does this mean I have
to purchase excell program to install?

Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

No, the product key on the bottom of your laptop is for Windows. You
only get one free trial period to use the Office 2007 trial software.
You cannot reinstall the trial software to extend the trial period. If
you want to keep using Office 2007 after the trial period expires, you
need to buy it. You will probably save a few dollars if you purchase
Office 2007 from your favorite online or conventional retailer versus
doing the online conversion of the Office 2007 trial software via the
Microsoft website.