-   -   Excel 2002 Installation Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/168040-excel-2002-installation-problem.html)

Philip Gabe

Excel 2002 Installation Problem

I just installed Excel 2002 and I get the following message when I run it:

Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew

It seems to run fine after I select OK.

Then I get the following message when I close Excel:

Compile error in hidden module: DistMon

Excel closes okay when I select OK.

Any ideas on how to eliminate these messages?

Dave Peterson

Excel 2002 Installation Problem

Take a look he

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

If you move/delete that addin, you should be ok.

--

Dave Peterson

Philip Gabe

Excel 2002 Installation Problem