-   -   how do i make Excel 'remember' the custom formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/167369-how-do-i-make-excel-remember-custom-formatting.html)

hirendra7158

how do i make Excel 'remember' the custom formatting?

Thankfully and successfully I managed to format cells in Indian rupees like
12,34,567 and so on.
I saved the Blank book as mormal .xlt. But, when I click open the new file (
by clicking the new icon on the menubar) teh customised formats are not
available. I have to open the control N and then normal xlt from side bar.
ANy suggestion to make Excel 2003 remember the customised formats?

Gord Dibben

how do i make Excel 'remember' the custom formatting?

Save the workbook as a template named BOOK.xlt.

Store it in your XLSTART folder.

This will become the default workbook for FileNew or New File Icon.

But don't click on FileNew...Blabk workbook or you will get the Excel default
workbook which you don't want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP