-   -   Macro's not appearing in new spread sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/164106-macros-not-appearing-new-spread-sheets.html)

Jimmy Jones

Macro's not appearing in new spread sheets

I have a Personal.xls file saved in the path C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART which is the path
returned when I open the immediate window in Excel and run
?application.StartupPath.

When I open the view macros dialog it does not show the macros unless I
specifically open the Personal.xls file.

this only happens when I logon as a specific user. It works properly for
other users of the machine.

Are specific permissions required? He has his Macro security set to the
same level as others using the computer.

If I put the macros in the other XLStart folder under program files... it
works properly for him but I don't want these macros available to all users,
just the ones who are supposed to be using them.

the computer is a kiosk computer used by several people but no more then one
at a time.

Windows version is XP with SP2, Office version is 2003.