-   -   Workbook links between 2 files. Update error (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/163308-workbook-links-between-2-files-update-error.html)

Hyperion

Workbook links between 2 files. Update error

hi,

I'm working with 2 xls files. Lets' say file1.xls and file2.xls. There are
links between those files. I had to copy these files and input data for 2007.
I've put the new datas in file1. When i open file2 for 2007, the system ask
me for update. when i do it, i have the following error "this workbook
contains one or more links that cannot be updated".
When i go to "edit links" the status is OK.
The datas in file2 are OK too. the matter is why i get this error ? because
other people must work with file2.But they have no acces to file1. They will
have this error and i have to be sure everything is OK. it's a very important
file.

Thank you.