Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Unexpected Error in 2003 for 2007

When you have installed the Office 2007 Compatibility Tool into Office 2003,
my understanding is both in the Open and Save Dialogs should be the Office
2007 file formats (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074), yet on my system
only in Word does this happen, not in Excel and PowerPoint where they only
appear in the Save Dialog.

Any ideas.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup

In the Excel 2003 File Open dialog, with the Compatibility Tool installed,
the first file spec listed for Excel is "*.XL*". This includes all the new
extensions, e.g. XLSX, XLSM, etc.

Jim