-   -   Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/162938-windows-business-2007-home-computer-my-lap-top.html)

gaymaree

Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top

I have brought Windows Business 2007 to put on my home computer and my lap
top, but i can't put it on my lap top as i have already use the serial # for
my home computer, and can not use it again, do i have to buy 2 programs ?
one for each computer.

Gord Dibben

Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top

If you read the EULA you should find this statement

* You may install and use a second copy of the software on a portable device for
use only by the primary user of the first copy.

I don't have Office 2007 installed so I can't look at the EULA but I can't
believe it has changed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 02:56:00 -0700, gaymaree
wrote:

I have brought Windows Business 2007 to put on my home computer and my lap
top, but i can't put it on my lap top as i have already use the serial # for
my home computer, and can not use it again, do i have to buy 2 programs ?
one for each computer.

garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top

There is no such thing as "Windows Business 2007".

If you are asking about Windows Vista Business, then yes you do need to
purchase one program for each computer.

If you are asking about Office 2007 Small Business Edition, then if you
have a retail-box copy you can install it on one desktop and one laptop
both owned and used by you, but if you have an OEM copy (one that came
preinstalled on your desktop by the computer manufacturer) you cannot
transfer or install the software on any other computer.

By the way, this newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft Excel. Do
you have a question about Microsoft Excel?

gaymaree wrote:

I have brought Windows Business 2007 to put on my home computer and my lap
top, but i can't put it on my lap top as i have already use the serial # for
my home computer, and can not use it again, do i have to buy 2 programs ?
one for each computer.

gaymaree

Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top

Thanks Gord

wrote:

I have brought Windows Business 2007 to put on my home computer and my lap
top, but i can't put it on my lap top as i have already use the serial # for
my home computer, and can not use it again, do i have to buy 2 programs ?
one for each computer.

gaymaree

Windows Business 2007 on home computer & my lap top

No i don't have a question about excel YET, but i liked the features in
excel 2007 that's the reason i brought (Office Small business 2007). and
since i was having trouble loading the program, i thought i would ask the
news group for advice, to get a foot in so to speak.

Thanks