-   -   attachments - (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/160130-attachments.html)

Kirk

attachments -

Hello
When sending an excel file via e-mail I can save it to a folder and then
attach it to the e-mail and it will go. My error is in sending the excel
file while it is open by selecting; File Send To Mail Recipient (as
attachment). Each and every time it give an error MSN Access to the
following potentially unsafe attachment has been blocked. My systems -
Running XP Pro, Excel 2003, IE 6.0, MSN premium,.... I can send Word files
with this method, but .xls files will not go. What do I need to change so it
will recongnize this as a safe file. Is this within Excel, MSN, IE, XP sp2,
or where is this setting that is blocking .xls files. Although scary I
would even be willing to change registry. Please help - thanks so much