-   -   I want a the to display the Month name only. Nothing else. (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/159827-i-want-display-month-name-only-nothing-else.html)

DAiuto

I want a the to display the Month name only. Nothing else.

I have a formula the following formula =EDATE(A3,1) that gives me a result of
"May-07" because the cell is formatted as:
Catagory = Date
Type = Mar-01
But I don't want the year to display, just the month. Any idea how I can do
that?

Thank you,
DAIUTO

Gord Dibben

I want a the to display the Month name only. Nothing else.

Custom Format as mmm or mmmm for March

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:10:03 -0700, DAiuto
wrote:

I have a formula the following formula =EDATE(A3,1) that gives me a result of
"May-07" because the cell is formatted as:
Catagory = Date
Type = Mar-01
But I don't want the year to display, just the month. Any idea how I can do
that?

Thank you,
DAIUTO

DAiuto

I want a the to display the Month name only. Nothing else.

Is that all? I'm going in the other room to laugh at myself... sorry for
bothering all of you. : )

wrote:

I have a formula the following formula =EDATE(A3,1) that gives me a result of
"May-07" because the cell is formatted as:
Catagory = Date
Type = Mar-01
But I don't want the year to display, just the month. Any idea how I can do
that?

Thank you,
DAIUTO

Gord Dibben

I want a the to display the Month name only. Nothing else.

Not a bother and you should see the number of rooms I've had to go into<g

Gord