Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network

I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.

When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
following Vista error:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
Hang Signatu c776
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f

The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.

For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.

Can anyone advise?

I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the computer
with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?

Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is your
specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2 007,
others?

You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
--------------------
1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
|
| When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| following Vista error:

| A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
|
| Problem signatu
| Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| Hang Signatu c776
| Hang Type: 0
| OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| Locale ID: 2057
| Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
|
| The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
|

| For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
|
| Can anyone advise?
|
| I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net

Hi Emily,

I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.

It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.

"Emily Lin" wrote:

> [...]

| Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
|
| The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
|

| For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
|
| Can anyone advise?
|
| I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I reproduce the same situation on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007.

Testing: Create a *.xls file in the shared folder. Open the *.xls file on PC1 with the share. When I try to open the same file on PC2,
Excel 2007 just hangs "downloading ...* *.xls".

I understand that you have asked the end user to save the *.xls files as *.xlsx files to temp work around it. It's a good work around at
present. I will report it to the related department to see if it is really a bug in Excel 2007/Windows Vista. When I get confirmed, I will
reply to you. Thanks for your efforts on this issue.

www.microsoft.com/security
| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|
| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| | Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| | Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| | PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
| |
| | When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| | the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| | following Vista error:
| |
| | A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
| |
| | Problem signatu
| | Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| | Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| | Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| | Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| | Hang Signatu c776
| | Hang Type: 0
| | OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| | Locale ID: 2057
| | Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| | Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| | Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| | Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| |
| | The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| | make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
| |
| |
| | For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| | the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| | computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
| |
| | Can anyone advise?
| |
| | I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| | I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply, I would very much appreciate your getting back to
me when you hear back from the department.

The same users have also experienced a problem whereby the user on the Vista
PC with the shared folder was just coming out of a .xlsx spreadsheet as the
user on the other Vista PC tried to get in to it. This took out Excel 2007 on
the computer accessing the share and it couldn't be restarted successfully
even after this machine was restarted. I had to take both machines down and
then restart the PC with the share first and then the other machine. This
rectified the problem.

Could I just clarify something with you? Are you responding to me because of
my TechNet subscription to managed newsgroups or because I am a Microsoft
Partner?

Many thanks,
Malcolm

"Emily Lin" wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I reproduce the same situation on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007.

Testing: Create a *.xls file in the shared folder. Open the *.xls file on PC1 with the share. When I try to open the same file on PC2,
Excel 2007 just hangs "downloading ...Â* *.xls".

www.microsoft.com/security
| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|
| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| | Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| | Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| | PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
| |
| | When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| | the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| | following Vista error:
| |
| | A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
| |
| | Problem signatu
| | Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| | Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| | Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| | Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| | Hang Signatu c776
| | Hang Type: 0
| | OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| | Locale ID: 2057
| | Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| | Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| | Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| | Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| |
| | The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| | make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
| |
| |
| | For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| | the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| | computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
| |
| | Can anyone advise?
| |
| | I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| | I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Malcom,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the second senario, I need take a while to testing it and check if it is also a known issue in Excel 2007.
Thanks for your patience.

I think that it is because of your Technet subscription to managed newsgroups.

Happy weekend!

www.microsoft.com/security

| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:52:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
| | occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
| | created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
| | spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
| | doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
| | compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.
| |
| | It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
| | subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the
| computer
| | with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?
| |
| | Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is
your
| | specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2
007,
| | others?
| |
| | You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
| | --------------------
| | 1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
| | 2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
| | 3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?
| |
| | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| |
| | Sincerely,
| |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| | | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| | | Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| | | Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| | | PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
| | |
| | | When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| | | the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| | | following Vista error:
| | |
| | | A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
| | |
| | | Problem signatu
| | | Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| | | Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| | | Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| | | Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| | | Hang Signatu c776
| | | Hang Type: 0
| | | OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| | | Locale ID: 2057
| | | Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | | Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| | | Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | |
| | | The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| | | make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
| | |
| | |
| | | For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| | | the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| | | computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
| | |
| | | Can anyone advise?
| | |
| | | I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| | | I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
| | |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Emily,

Thanks for this, hope you have a great weekend to!

Malcolm

www.microsoft.com/security

| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:52:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
| | occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
| | created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
| | spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
| | doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
| | compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.
| |
| | It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
| | subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the
| computer
| | with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?
| |
| | Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is
your
| | specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2
007,
| | others?
| |
| | You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
| | --------------------
| | 1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
| | 2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
| | 3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?
| |
| | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| |
| | Sincerely,
| |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| | | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| | | Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| | | Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| | | PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
| | |
| | | When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| | | the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| | | following Vista error:
| | |
| | | A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
| | |
| | | Problem signatu
| | | Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| | | Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| | | Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| | | Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| | | Hang Signatu c776
| | | Hang Type: 0
| | | OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| | | Locale ID: 2057
| | | Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | | Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| | | Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | |
| | | The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| | | make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
| | |
| | |
| | | For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| | | the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| | | computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
| | |
| | | Can anyone advise?
| | |
| | | I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| | | I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
| | |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Malcolm,

The original issue (error sharing *.xls files on the computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007) should be a bug in Office 2007. The
related department is working on it. I will keep monitoring on this bug and notify you when there is any progress. If possible, send an
email to me at so that I can notify you via emails.

Regarding the second issue, I cannot reproduce it. Does the issue always occur on your end? When the user with the share tries to get
back into the *.xlsx file, does he get any error message that he cannot open the *.xlsx file?

Please create another shared folder and create a blank *.xlsx file to test the second issue. What is the result?

Also, please go to the Microsoft Update site to check and install the updates for Windows Vista and Office 2007 to see if everything
working fine.

www.microsoft.com/security

| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:52:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | Thank you for your reply, I would very much appreciate your getting back to
| | me when you hear back from the department.
| |
| | The same users have also experienced a problem whereby the user on the Vista
| | PC with the shared folder was just coming out of a .xlsx spreadsheet as the
| | user on the other Vista PC tried to get in to it. This took out Excel 2007 on
| | the computer accessing the share and it couldn't be restarted successfully
| | even after this machine was restarted. I had to take both machines down and
| | then restart the PC with the share first and then the other machine. This
| | rectified the problem.
| |
| | Could I just clarify something with you? Are you responding to me because of
| | my TechNet subscription to managed newsgroups or because I am a Microsoft
| | Partner?
| |
| | Many thanks,
| | Malcolm
| |
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | Thanks for your reply.
| |
| | Yes, I reproduce the same situation on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007.
| |
| | Testing: Create a *.xls file in the shared folder. Open the *.xls file on PC1 with the share. When I try to open the same file on
PC2,
| | Excel 2007 just hangs "downloading ...ÂÂ* *.xls".
| |
| | I understand that you have asked the end user to save the *.xls files as *.xlsx files to temp work around it. It's a good work
around
| at
| | present. I will report it to the related department to see if it is really a bug in Excel 2007/Windows Vista. When I get confirmed,
I will
| | reply to you. Thanks for your efforts on this issue.
| |
| | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| |
| | Sincerely,
| |
| | Emily Lin,
| | Microsoft Online Partner Support
| |
| | Get Secure! -
www.microsoft.com/security
| |
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:52:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | Hi Emily,
| | |
| | | I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
| | | occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
| | | created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
| | | spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
| | | doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
| | | compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.
| | |
| | | It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
| | | subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.
| | |
| | | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| | |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the
| | computer
| | | with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?
| | |
| | | Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is
| your
| | | specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2
| 007,
| | | others?
| | |
| | | You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
| | | --------------------
| | | 1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
| | | 2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
| | | 3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?
| | |
| | | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| | |
| | | Sincerely,
| | |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | |
| | | --------------------
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Emily,

I can't reproduce the second issue either, it's a matter of timing and it
hasn't happened again at the client's premises either. I think we are going
to have to close the second issue for now.

If they get any further issues is the correct procedure to post them to this
newsgroup?

Best regards,
Malcolm

www.microsoft.com/security

| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:52:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | Thank you for your reply, I would very much appreciate your getting back to
| | me when you hear back from the department.
| |
| | The same users have also experienced a problem whereby the user on the Vista
| | PC with the shared folder was just coming out of a .xlsx spreadsheet as the
| | user on the other Vista PC tried to get in to it. This took out Excel 2007 on
| | the computer accessing the share and it couldn't be restarted successfully
| | even after this machine was restarted. I had to take both machines down and
| | then restart the PC with the share first and then the other machine. This
| | rectified the problem.
| |
| | Could I just clarify something with you? Are you responding to me because of
| | my TechNet subscription to managed newsgroups or because I am a Microsoft
| | Partner?
| |
| | Many thanks,
| | Malcolm
| |
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | Thanks for your reply.
| |
| | Yes, I reproduce the same situation on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007.
| |
| | Testing: Create a *.xls file in the shared folder. Open the *.xls file on PC1 with the share. When I try to open the same file on
PC2,
| | Excel 2007 just hangs "downloading ...ÀšÃ‚Â* *.xls".
| |
| | I understand that you have asked the end user to save the *.xls files as *.xlsx files to temp work around it. It's a good work
around
| at
| | present. I will report it to the related department to see if it is really a bug in Excel 2007/Windows Vista. When I get confirmed,
I will
| | reply to you. Thanks for your efforts on this issue.
| |
| | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| |
| | Sincerely,
| |
| | Emily Lin,
| | Microsoft Online Partner Support
| |
| | Get Secure! -
www.microsoft.com/security
| |
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:52:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | Hi Emily,
| | |
| | | I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
| | | occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
| | | created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
| | | spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
| | | doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
| | | compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.
| | |
| | | It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
| | | subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.
| | |
| | | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| | |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the
| | computer
| | | with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?
| | |
| | | Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is
| your
| | | specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2
| 007,
| | | others?
| | |
| | | You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
| | | --------------------
| | | 1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
| | | 2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
| | | 3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?
| | |
| | | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| | |
| | | Sincerely,
| | |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | |
| | | --------------------
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Malcom,

I understand that the second issue doesn't recur. Regarding the original issue, please use *.xlsx to temp work around it. When there is
any progress, I will post here. Thanks.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post it in this newsgroup. It is always my pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Emily Lin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE:
The newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD changes have been delayed. Please complete a re-registration process by entering the
secure code mpng2008 when prompted at the Newsgroup entry page.
Once you have entered the secure code mpng2008, you will be able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups through
the web or your NNTP account..
* * * OUR APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE * * *

--------------------

www.microsoft.com/security
| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
|

| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:14:03 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | Thanks for this, hope you have a great weekend to!
| |
| | Malcolm
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi Malcom,
| |
| | Thanks for your reply. Regarding the second senario, I need take a while to testing it and check if it is also a known issue in
Excel
| 2007.
| | Thanks for your patience.
| |
| | I think that it is because of your Technet subscription to managed newsgroups.
| |
| | Happy weekend!
| |
| | Emily Lin,
| | Microsoft Online Partner Support
| |
| | Get Secure! -
www.microsoft.com/security
| |
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | | Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:52:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | Hi Emily,
| | |
| | | Thank you for your reply, I would very much appreciate your getting back to
| | | me when you hear back from the department.
| | |
| | | The same users have also experienced a problem whereby the user on the Vista
| | | PC with the shared folder was just coming out of a .xlsx spreadsheet as the
| | | user on the other Vista PC tried to get in to it. This took out Excel 2007 on
| | | the computer accessing the share and it couldn't be restarted successfully
| | | even after this machine was restarted. I had to take both machines down and
| | | then restart the PC with the share first and then the other machine. This
| | | rectified the problem.
| | |
| | | Could I just clarify something with you? Are you responding to me because of
| | | my TechNet subscription to managed newsgroups or because I am a Microsoft
| | | Partner?
| | |
| | | Many thanks,
| | | Malcolm
| | |
| | |
| | | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| | |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | Thanks for your reply.
| | |
| | | Yes, I reproduce the same situation on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007.
| | |
| | | Testing: Create a *.xls file in the shared folder. Open the *.xls file on PC1 with the share. When I try to open the same file
on
| PC2,
| | | Excel 2007 just hangs "downloading ...ÀšÃ‚Â* *.xls".
| | |
| | | I understand that you have asked the end user to save the *.xls files as *.xlsx files to temp work around it. It's a good work
| around
| | at
| | | present. I will report it to the related department to see if it is really a bug in Excel 2007/Windows Vista. When I get
confirmed,
| I will
| | | reply to you. Thanks for your efforts on this issue.
| | |
| | | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| | |
| | | Sincerely,
| | |
| | | Emily Lin,
| | | Microsoft Online Partner Support
| | |
| | | Get Secure! -
www.microsoft.com/security
| | |
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | | ================================================== ====
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | --------------------
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
> [...]
| | | |
| | | computer
| | | |
What is
| | your
Excel2
| | 007,
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

Banned

I know tool which work with Office program - Repair docx, possible it may solve similar problems in Word, also effectively solve this problem and recover corrupted information, allows you to effectively remover text from any corrupted Microsoft Word document or template or any document of the Rich Text format, recovering information from corrupted documents in it is designed in such a way that any user, including those who only start working with the computer, can do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi
I want to transfer an XLSX file (spread sheet ) created in Vista to another
pc with a memory stick and be able to open it in XP and an older version of
XLS

Rosch