-   -   Why does excell switch my stock symbol "ACN" to "CAN"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/147354-why-does-excell-switch-my-stock-symbol-acn-can.html)

garron

Why does excell switch my stock symbol "ACN" to "CAN"?

I was entering stock symbols into excell.
I noticed that Excell changed my symbol "ACN" to "CAN"!
lucky I spotted it, because "CAN" is not a valid stock symbol.
Can anyone help me fix the cause of this error please?
and for helping me fix this problem, i will place you on my list for good
stocks.
ACN appears to be a reasonably good company.
If you help me fix this problem, and i'll share my points why i think this
stock is a good investment.
TIA
Cheers.

Gord Dibben

Why does excell switch my stock symbol "ACN" to "CAN"?

ToolsAutocorrect Options.

Find ACN and delete that from the list.

Note: this list is shared with other Office applications so you wn't have the
autocorrect which changes ACN to CAN

But don't bother with the stock tips, please.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP