-   -   Selected Cell Shading is invisible. (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/143698-selected-cell-shading-invisible.html)

Zarrar Janjua

Selected Cell Shading is invisible.

When I select rows and columns in Excel, the selected cells are too feint to
see clearly (much darker in previous releases). Is there a way of darkening
the default selected cells shading? I'm not referring to Fill colours and
patters - just the colour/shading used when cells are selected, and want
this setting as default for all my workbooks and new Excel files. Thanks

Gerigto

Selected Cell Shading is invisible.

Try this:
http://www.vlerick.be/helpdesk/our_s..._template.html
--
TG

"Zarrar Janjua" wrote:

When I select rows and columns in Excel, the selected cells are too feint to
see clearly (much darker in previous releases). Is there a way of darkening
the default selected cells shading? I'm not referring to Fill colours and
patters - just the colour/shading used when cells are selected, and want
this setting as default for all my workbooks and new Excel files. Thanks

Zarrar Janjua

Selected Cell Shading is invisible.

Thanks Grigto, this is only saving the template but how I select rows and
columns in Excel, the selected cells are too feint to see clearly (much
darker in previous releases). Is there a way of darkening the default
selected cells shading? I'm not referring to Fill colours- just the

"Zarrar Janjua" wrote:

When I select rows and columns in Excel, the selected cells are too feint to
see clearly (much darker in previous releases). Is there a way of darkening
the default selected cells shading? I'm not referring to Fill colours and
patters - just the colour/shading used when cells are selected, and want
this setting as default for all my workbooks and new Excel files. Thanks

Gerigto

Selected Cell Shading is invisible.

Can you try to adjust the settings in the file that you save as the template
using the link? I think you can do whatever you want with that template and
it will be your template.
--
TG

"Zarrar Janjua" wrote:

When I select rows and columns in Excel, the selected cells are too feint to
see clearly (much darker in previous releases). Is there a way of darkening
the default selected cells shading? I'm not referring to Fill colours and
patters - just the colour/shading used when cells are selected, and want
this setting as default for all my workbooks and new Excel files. Thanks

Zarrar Janjua

Selected Cell Shading is invisible.

Ya, I know that I can save the template the way I want but what will be the
code to make the selected cells dark and distinguised form unselected cells.
I feel like I wasted my money on newer version because in all previous
versions selected cells were appearing in dark shades.