-   -   Can I change Excel 2003 default "save to" folder? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/142181-can-i-change-excel-2003-default-save-folder.html)

Gene New Mexico

Can I change Excel 2003 default "save to" folder?

I really dislike using the My Documents folder for anything. Is there any way
to change to the default "save to" folder in Excel 2003 from My Documents to
something else?

Dave Peterson

Can I change Excel 2003 default "save to" folder?

Tools|Options|General Tab
Specify your favorite folder in the "Default file location" box

This doesn't change xl2003's behavior when you use File|Save As.

If the workbook is new, it'll use your default file location. But if the file
already exists, you'll see the original file's location.

--

Dave Peterson