-   -   grid lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/14073-grid-lines.html)

Moonraker

grid lines

How do I get excel to always print grid lines.

Before I ask dozens of other questions, is there a link to the basics on
getting started on "SIMPLE" excel stuff, i.e what to do to set up before you
start.

Cheers Steve.

RWN

File-Page Setup-Sheet" and tick the "Gridlines" box.

I'd acquaint myself with the Help function.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Moonraker" wrote in message
How do I get excel to always print grid lines.

Before I ask dozens of other questions, is there a link to the basics on
getting started on "SIMPLE" excel stuff, i.e what to do to set up before you
start.

Cheers Steve.

Moonraker

Found that and have used HELP!!! to find many things.

My question - How do I get excel to "always" print grid lines.

.....was asking if I can set-up excel to always print gridlines "unless" I
choose NOT to print them.

Many thanks Steve

"Moonraker" wrote in message
How do I get excel to always print grid lines.

Before I ask dozens of other questions, is there a link to the basics on
getting started on "SIMPLE" excel stuff, i.e what to do to set up before

you
start.

Cheers Steve.

Dave Peterson

You could create a workbook that has the settings you want. Then save
this workbook as a template for all new workbooks.

If that's what you want to do:
Start a new workbook.
change all the settings that you want--including the gridlines under
File|Page setup
for all the sheets in that workbook.

Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page
orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook???

Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as book.xlt

Then when you click on that New icon, the new workbook will inherit all those
settings.

=====
If you create another file named sheet.xlt (in the same XLStart location), then
every new worksheet added will inherit the settings from this template.

I set up book.xlt the way I wanted it (one sheet only) and then used windows
explorer to copy it to sheet.xlt. Then they would be identical. (Seemed like
less work, too.)