-   -   Problems with Edit Menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/127434-problems-edit-menu.html)

Paul S

Problems with Edit Menu

I am using Excel 2000

I have recently opened a file sent to me, and since closing it my Edit menu does not work properly when I open any existing files or start a new file

The problem is with Copy, Cut Paste and Paste Special, when I click on the Edit menu they are all greyed out, also if I right click they are also greyed out

Obviously the file I opened has changed some settings, how do I re-set this

Thx in advance for any help

Paul

Gary''s Student

Problems with Edit Menu

Right-click the Menu Bar:
Customize... . Options Reset Menu

--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"Paul S" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000

I have recently opened a file sent to me, and since closing it my Edit
menu does not work properly when I open any existing files or start a
new file

The problem is with Copy, Cut Paste and Paste Special, when I click on
the Edit menu they are all greyed out, also if I right click they are
also greyed out

Obviously the file I opened has changed some settings, how do I re-set
this

Thx in advance for any help

Paul

--
Paul S

Paul S

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary''s Student

"Paul S" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000

I have recently opened a file sent to me, and since closing it my Edit
menu does not work properly when I open any existing files or start a
new file

The problem is with Copy, Cut Paste and Paste Special, when I click on
the Edit menu they are all greyed out, also if I right click they are
also greyed out

Obviously the file I opened has changed some settings, how do I re-set
this

Thx in advance for any help

Paul

--
Paul S

Thanks Gary tried that it did not work, have got the problem sorted now though