-   -   personal.xls doesn't open when excel is opened from Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/126161-personal-xls-doesnt-open-when-excel-opened-access.html)

Bento72

personal.xls doesn't open when excel is opened from Access

Hi,
My personal.xls spreadsheet containing my macros opens fine when I open
Excel manually, but if I use the function in MS Access ('Analyze It with
Microsoft Office Excel') that exports an Access dataset to Excel for
analysis, my macros aren't available as it appears that the personal.xls
file hasn't opened.

It used to be fine before I switched to Windows XP - is there a setting I
need to change to rectify this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Bento

Dave Peterson

personal.xls doesn't open when excel is opened from Access

I don't think that there's been a change to this behavior -- I'm guessing your
memory is faulty <vbg.

You can always open your personal.xls manually (via File|Open).

Or if you can tweak the Access stuff, maybe you can open it via code???

--

Dave Peterson