-   -   How do I force a custom Excel Toolbar when starting Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/126073-how-do-i-force-custom-excel-toolbar-when-starting-excel.html)

Dean E Brown

How do I force a custom Excel Toolbar when starting Excel?

I created a custom tool bar with a lot of buttons and actions. It works great.

I need it to be there everytime Excel opens. And I want to do it for every
employee in the firm. I am the domain admin and a developer.

I can save it in my workbook. I can put the workbook in the XLStart folder.
I can even hide it. But how do I deploy it.

Gord Dibben

How do I force a custom Excel Toolbar when starting Excel?

Dean

The customary method is to create the Toolbar "on the fly" by building it with
code when the workbook opens.

Save the workbook as an Add-in and distribute that add-in or have it stored
where all users can access it.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for code and a sample workbook.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP