-   -   How to turn OFF the TASK PANE? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/12490-how-turn-off-task-pane.html)

[email protected]

How to turn OFF the TASK PANE?

The TASK pane pops up every time Excel starts. I cannot find how to turn it
off. I have to go to VIEW, TOOLBARS, TASK PANE, and un-check that selection
to make it go away, but it shows up again when Excel starts next time. How
to turn it OFF??

debsumrall

Try Tools, Options, View, and uncheck the Task Pane option.

" wrote:

The TASK pane pops up every time Excel starts. I cannot find how to turn it
off. I have to go to VIEW, TOOLBARS, TASK PANE, and un-check that selection
to make it go away, but it shows up again when Excel starts next time. How
to turn it OFF??

Lady Layla

When it shows up next time, uncheck the Show at startup box at the bottom of the
task pane

"
rosoft.com wrote in message
: The TASK pane pops up every time Excel starts. I cannot find how to turn it
: off. I have to go to VIEW, TOOLBARS, TASK PANE, and un-check that selection
: to make it go away, but it shows up again when Excel starts next time. How
: to turn it OFF??

Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck "Startup Task Pane"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP