-   -   Excel Automatic Calculation Options will not Save (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/124090-excel-automatic-calculation-options-will-not-save.html)

SMA1974

Excel Automatic Calculation Options will not Save

Hello,

I have experienced this problem with several different PCs and was wondering
if anyone knows of a fix?

It appears that by default, Excel is setup for manual calculation. Each
time we save the option to automatic, close the dialog box and then close
excel and reopen excel the option returns to manual.

We have tried the same as above by shutting down windows and the PCs, but
the result is always the same.

Thank uou,

Fred

Niek Otten

Excel Automatic Calculation Options will not Save

Hi Fred,

This setting is for all open Excel workbooks and is taken from the first opened workbook.
You seem to have another workbook open already (with calculation set to manual) at the time you open this one.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel