-   -   Cut and Paste Only Non-Hidden Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/123132-cut-paste-only-non-hidden-rows.html)

Fishman4

Cut and Paste Only Non-Hidden Rows

I run a report every week that is exported to EXCEL. Once there, I check the
listed data against hard copy records that we keep and if the hard copy is
present, I enter the date that record was generated in a corresponding column
in my spreadsheet. Every time I run the report, I add it to the same sheet
and it is getting very long. To manage this, I use the autofilter function
to display only the rows with the date column containing information (all non
blanks). Then, I cut the displayed data and paste it into another sheet.
The problem is, when I do the cut, it cuts the displayed information as well
as the hidden information. Is there a way to leave the hidden info and cut
only the displayed info? Or even create a macro that will automatically move
the row that has this column populated? That would make me an even bigger
hero. Thanks in advance for your condideration.

Don F.
--
Fishman4

Nick Hodge

Cut and Paste Only Non-Hidden Rows

Don

Copy instead of cut, then return to your filter and press the delete key and
sort. This will leave just the filtered data.

Hope I understand

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Fishman4" wrote in message
[...]

I must have fooled around with this for an hour. I feel like an idiot. I
guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Thanks Nick

Don F.
--
Fishman4

"Fishman4" wrote in message
[...]

Happens to me *every* day. (several times today), just glad you got it done

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Fishman4" wrote in message
[...]

Marc

Cut and Paste Only Non-Hidden Rows

Or you could try the built-in feature to do exactly that... "copy visible".

Select your data, then press F5, select "Special", then select the button
for "Visible Cells Only".

You can add this to your menu bar if you use it alot...