-   -   Excel is showing numbers as headers for both rows and columns?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/122106-excel-showing-numbers-headers-both-rows-columns.html)

rrgyoung

Excel is showing numbers as headers for both rows and columns??

How do I change the column headers back to letters? Formulas will still work
if I use r1c1 format, but why did it change from letter headers on columns?

Dave Peterson

Excel is showing numbers as headers for both rows and columns??

Tools|Options|General Tab
Uncheck the R1C1 reference style button.

Excel will pick this setting from the first workbook that it opens in that
session.

--

Dave Peterson

Les

Excel is showing numbers as headers for both rows and columns??

Try this... Under Tools, open Options, then select the "General" tab. Under
Settings, see if R1C1 reference style is checked. If it is, clear it. That
should fix your problem.

Good luck!