-   -   Excel won't start (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/122059-excel-wont-start.html)

Don T.

Excel won't start

I've been running Windows Office XP SBE and yesterday Excel stopped working.
The other applications are fine. When I click on Excel if flashes for a
second and then disappears. Tried uninstalling and then installing. Tried
virus scans and hard drive checks/defragmentation and get the same result.

On an Office thread from 2005 someone suggested changing an Excel.xlb file
to Excel.abc. I tried to rename the file but it produced Excel.abc.xlb. I
couldn't get rid of the .xlb extension. Not sure if that would solve the
problem.

Its 12:38 AM and I'm going to bed. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Peterson

Excel won't start

You have responses at your other post.

--