Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Where are the engineering functions?

Excel 2003 help tells me I can use HEX2DEC to convert hexadecimal
numbers to decimal, but when I try to use it in a formula

=HEX2DEC(A2)

Excel changes it to read

=hex2dec(A2)

and displays #NAME? in the spreadsheet.

If I click on fX and select All, HEX2DEC does not appear in the list,
nor does any other of the engineering functions. How do I get them?

Charles "Chas" Belov
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

From Excel HELP:

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Charles Belov" wrote in message ...
| Excel 2003 help tells me I can use HEX2DEC to convert hexadecimal
| numbers to decimal, but when I try to use it in a formula
|
| =HEX2DEC(A2)
|
| Excel changes it to read
|
| =hex2dec(A2)
|
| and displays #NAME? in the spreadsheet.
|
| If I click on fX and select All, HEX2DEC does not appear in the list,
| nor does any other of the engineering functions. How do I get them?
|
| Charles "Chas" Belov

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you went to Help and looked for HEX2DEC you would see it is a Function from
the Analysis ToolPak which must be loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Now the #NAME? will go away as Help pointed out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP