-   -   Query Wizard Long Delay in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/119705-query-wizard-long-delay-excel-2003-a.html)

ramonvi

Query Wizard Long Delay in Excel 2003

Hi,

I'm experiencing an extrange behaviour when trying to define a new data
connection to a Foxpro table (Dbase III) from my Excel 2003.
It takes more than 10 minutes (600 seconds!) to open any table structure. I
thought it hanged up!. I can't understand what is the processor doing so
long...
Once the query is defined, it runs fast (1 second).

Could any one give me some advise on what I need to check (or change) to fix
this problem?

I've installed MDAC 2.8, running in Win XP-SP2, fully updated (automatically).

TIA