-   -   Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/119453-retrieving-values-cell-macro.html)

Anift

Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro

Hi I want to write a macro code to retrieve the value in a Cell in Range( B1
: B20) if the corresponding Value in C1:C20 is " Open".
The Value should be displayed in a Range ( A1: A20) in a differnt worksheet
of the same file

For E.G B1 = Name1 C1 = Closed
B2 = Name2 C2 = Open
B3 = Name3 C3= Open
...... ......
...... ......

Now in Other sheet, I want to import all the values of Cell in range B1:20
if the corresponding value in Cell range C1:C20 is " Open"

Can anybody help with the code?, any help will be appreciated

Bob Phillips

Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro

For Each cell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B1:B20")
If cell.Offset(0,1).Value = "Open" Then
i = i + 1
cell.copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i,"A").Value
End If
Next cell

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anift" wrote in message
Hi I want to write a macro code to retrieve the value in a Cell in

Range( B1
: B20) if the corresponding Value in C1:C20 is " Open".
The Value should be displayed in a Range ( A1: A20) in a differnt

worksheet
of the same file

For E.G B1 = Name1 C1 = Closed
B2 = Name2 C2 = Open
B3 = Name3 C3= Open
...... ......
...... ......

Now in Other sheet, I want to import all the values of Cell in range B1:20
if the corresponding value in Cell range C1:C20 is " Open"

Can anybody help with the code?, any help will be appreciated

Anift

Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro

HI Bob,
Thanks for the reply,
It throwing an error "object doesnt support property or method " on
cell.copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i,"A").Value

any suggestions?

"Anift" wrote in message
Hi I want to write a macro code to retrieve the value in a Cell in

Range( B1
: B20) if the corresponding Value in C1:C20 is " Open".
The Value should be displayed in a Range ( A1: A20) in a differnt

worksheet
of the same file

For E.G B1 = Name1 C1 = Closed
B2 = Name2 C2 = Open
B3 = Name3 C3= Open
...... ......
...... ......

Now in Other sheet, I want to import all the values of Cell in range B1:20
if the corresponding value in Cell range C1:C20 is " Open"

Can anybody help with the code?, any help will be appreciated

Dave Peterson

Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro

Try dropping that .Value at the end of the "cell.copy ..." line.

"Anift" wrote in message
Hi I want to write a macro code to retrieve the value in a Cell in

Range( B1
: B20) if the corresponding Value in C1:C20 is " Open".
The Value should be displayed in a Range ( A1: A20) in a differnt

worksheet
of the same file

For E.G B1 = Name1 C1 = Closed
B2 = Name2 C2 = Open
B3 = Name3 C3= Open
...... ......
...... ......

Now in Other sheet, I want to import all the values of Cell in range B1:20
if the corresponding value in Cell range C1:C20 is " Open"

Can anybody help with the code?, any help will be appreciated

--

Dave Peterson

Anift

Retrieving Values from Cell with Macro