-   -   xml (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/118051-xml.html)

pullingouthair

xml

I am running Windows XP and have office 2003. I need to create an xml map,
but my data menu bar doesn't have xml source. Is there an add-in for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gord Dibben

xml

ToolsCustomizeCommandsData.

Scroll down to find XML menu items.

XML Source is one of these.

Drag to the Data Menu.

Close out and click on the XML Source item

Follow the help that pops up for creating a Map.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:24:02 -0800, pullingouthair
wrote:

I am running Windows XP and have office 2003. I need to create an xml map,
but my data menu bar doesn't have xml source. Is there an add-in for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pullingouthair

xml

I have done what you said, and it is not listed there. Is there anywhere
else I can find this?

wrote:

I am running Windows XP and have office 2003. I need to create an xml map,
but my data menu bar doesn't have xml source. Is there an add-in for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gord Dibben

xml

Which Office Edition do you have?

AFAIK only Office 2003 Professional Edition has support for XML

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

Gord

wrote:

I am running Windows XP and have office 2003. I need to create an xml map,
but my data menu bar doesn't have xml source. Is there an add-in for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pullingouthair

xml

It is Microsoft Office Basic Edition.