-   -   Split Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/117846-split-cells.html)

Peeko

Split Cells

Is there any way to split cells in Excel? I know how to do it in Microsoft
Word, but all I can get Excel to do is insert new rows or columns for the
entire worksheet, rather than a portion of it.

Gord Dibben

Split Cells

No. You cannot split cells.

Row heights and column widths are the properties of the entire rows and columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:42:02 -0800, Peeko
wrote:

Is there any way to split cells in Excel? I know how to do it in Microsoft
Word, but all I can get Excel to do is insert new rows or columns for the
entire worksheet, rather than a portion of it.

Looksmart5000

Split Cells

Hi, you can't split cells, but you can turn around of it. You can use two
cells and merge it or not. The word doesn't work with references, hence the
problem. If you split A1, when you enter a formula envolving A1 what part of
it is? Left or right?

With best regards,

Looksmart5000