-   -   Single Sessions (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/112641-single-sessions.html)

StephanieH

Single Sessions

My entire system crashed a couple days ago. The IT guys reimaged the pc and
I've lost a lot of settings.

Now, Excel always opens a new session anytime I open a workbook. In other
words, each workbook appears separately on my task bar. I'd like to have a
single session of Excel with all the workbooks in it. How do I force it to
open the workbooks in the same session/instance?

Dave Peterson

Single Sessions

Maybe it's just:
tools|options|View tab|uncheck windows in taskbar.

If it's not:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

--

Dave Peterson

StephanieH

Single Sessions

Found it, if anyone is interested.

Tools, Options, View, deleselt "Windows in Taskbar"

"StephanieH" wrote:

My entire system crashed a couple days ago. The IT guys reimaged the pc and
I've lost a lot of settings.

Now, Excel always opens a new session anytime I open a workbook. In other
words, each workbook appears separately on my task bar. I'd like to have a
single session of Excel with all the workbooks in it. How do I force it to
open the workbooks in the same session/instance?

StephanieH

Single Sessions

Thanks Dave..