-   -   how do i change tab highlight default color or contrast in 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/111440-how-do-i-change-tab-highlight-default-color-contrast-2003-a.html)

jhassler

how do i change tab highlight default color or contrast in 2003

The contrast on the sheet tabs in Excel 2003 is Minimal. I have tried
changing my xp theme etc to no advantage. I remember in previous version the
tabs would almost be a different shade. I work with groups sometime and this
visual is important. Is there a setup function or default that can be
altered.

Gord Dibben

how do i change tab highlight default color or contrast in 2003

"Different shade" with respect to what?

Other tabs?

You do know you can color the tabs in Excel 2003?

Perhaps create a template so all new workbooks would have colored tabs?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:31:01 -0700, jhassler
wrote:

The contrast on the sheet tabs in Excel 2003 is Minimal. I have tried
changing my xp theme etc to no advantage. I remember in previous version the
tabs would almost be a different shade. I work with groups sometime and this
visual is important. Is there a setup function or default that can be
altered.

jhassler

how do i change tab highlight default color or contrast in 200

As I mentioned I had thought that my older version of Office Gave excel a
sharp contrast of the active tabs vs the inactive. This is a nice feature
when handling groups. I do not currently have an older version handy but I
shall look around. And microsoft calls these features UPGRADES??