-   -   change column headings letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/11053-change-column-headings-letters.html)

Green Goose 89

change column headings letters

The column headeing in Excel have somwhow changed to numbers (the rows are
still numbers). How do i change them back to letters?

Nick Hodge

Green Goose

ToolsOptions....General, uncheck R1C1 reference style

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Green Goose 89" <Green Goose
wrote in message
The column headeing in Excel have somwhow changed to numbers (the rows are
still numbers). How do i change them back to letters?

Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsGeneral.

Uncheck "R1C1 reference style".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:43:01 -0800, "Green Goose 89" <Green Goose
wrote:

The column headeing in Excel have somwhow changed to numbers (the rows are
still numbers). How do i change them back to letters?

Green Goose 89

THANK YOU!!!

That was driving me nuts!

wrote in message
The column headeing in Excel have somwhow changed to numbers (the rows are
still numbers). How do i change them back to letters?

sorbet

change column headings letters

In my case I came across a column heading in Excel having somewhow
having Beta(Greek?)letters instead of the usual ABC. How do I change
them back to regular letters?

--
sorbet