-   -   Excel auto opens several workbooks full of Gibberish upon startup -- Please Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/110172-excel-auto-opens-several-workbooks-full-gibberish-upon-startup-please-help.html)

Mike

Excel auto opens several workbooks full of Gibberish upon startup -- Please Help

Hello,

I am running excel 2002 on a client machine in a domain environment. When
ever I open excel, it automatically opens several workbooks full of junk
text, one of which looks like an old backup listing of my IE favorites. I
don't know this happens, I've tried restalling the entire office suite and
then running office updates again with no change. However, if I log in as a
different user on that machine, excel opens normaly with a blank spreadsheet
ready to go. I'm hoping at least somebody has experienced this before. Any
help is much appreicated.

thanks.

kassie

Excel auto opens several workbooks full of Gibberish upon startup

In Excel, click on Tools|Options, select the General tab, untick the option
At startup open all files in. Else delete all the unnecessary files in this
folder

"Mike" wrote:

Hello,

I am running excel 2002 on a client machine in a domain environment. When
ever I open excel, it automatically opens several workbooks full of junk
text, one of which looks like an old backup listing of my IE favorites. I
don't know this happens, I've tried restalling the entire office suite and
then running office updates again with no change. However, if I log in as a
different user on that machine, excel opens normaly with a blank spreadsheet
ready to go. I'm hoping at least somebody has experienced this before. Any
help is much appreicated.

thanks.

Mike

Excel auto opens several workbooks full of Gibberish upon startup

That was it! Thanks so much Kassie.

"Mike" wrote:

Hello,

I am running excel 2002 on a client machine in a domain environment. When
ever I open excel, it automatically opens several workbooks full of junk
text, one of which looks like an old backup listing of my IE favorites. I
don't know this happens, I've tried restalling the entire office suite
and
then running office updates again with no change. However, if I log in as
different user on that machine, excel opens normaly with a blank
spreadsheet
ready to go. I'm hoping at least somebody has experienced this before.
Any
help is much appreicated.

thanks.

kassie

Excel auto opens several workbooks full of Gibberish upon star

Pleasure is all mine!